This hearty chicken casserole is an interesting, healthy meal for Cool winter nights.
The ingredient of Chicken, leek and mushroom casserole
- 100g thinly sliced prosciutto (about 7 slices), cut crossways into thin strips
- 50g (2 1/2 tbsp) butter
- 2 leeks, pale section only, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1.5kg chicken pieces (like thigh cutlets and drumsticks)
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) dry white wine
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid accretion
- 300g button mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 2 tbsp thin cream
- Salt & freshly field black pepper
- Cooked white rice, to abet
The instruction how to make Chicken, leek and mushroom casserole
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Cook prosciutto in a large, heavy-based ovenproof saucepan or flameproof casserole dish following a lid exceeding medium-low heat for 2 minutes or until it begins to brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Melt half the butter in the pan exceeding low heat. increase be credited with the leeks, garlic, thyme and bay leaves and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the leeks are tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl, sprinkle next flour and toss to coat. Melt half the long-lasting butter in the pan on top of higher than medium-high heat. go to half the chicken pieces and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Repeat considering the enduring surviving butter and chicken.
- mount up the wine to the pan and bring to the boil on top of higher than medium-high heat. Cook, using a flat-bottomed wooden spoon to chafe the base of the pan to dislodge any bits that have cooked onto it, for 1 minute (this is called deglazing and will amass colour and flavour to the casserole). Return the prosciutto, leek mixture and chicken pieces to the pan. mount up the deposit and mushrooms, and advocate gently to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Cover and cook in preheated oven for 1 hour or until the chicken is very tender. Remove the pan from the oven and use a large metal spoon to skim any excess fat from the surface. disquiet in the cream and season later salt and pepper. service later the rice.
Nutritions of Chicken, leek and mushroom casserolecalories: 655.099 calories
fatContent: 41 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 3 grams sugar
proteinContent: 54 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 260 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1308.06 milligrams sodium